Misty Mountain Retreat is situated deep in the hills of the Wairarapa region of New Zealand.
We have a fully renovated lodge that sleeps eight people with an exciting and eclectic mix of whimsical décor, giving it a mystical and magical energy.
It is set on 5 acres - two hectares in beautiful gardens that overlook the Ruahine Ranges with stunning views. All of our bedrooms are twin share with comfortable king single beds and themed with different colour combinations in each room.
We have a lovely outdoor entertaining area with a hot spa pool set in the gardens and also an outdoor firepit to sit around on a beautiful summer night.
The property also features a Magical Stone Circle which is used for full moon gatherings or just as a private quiet space to relax, contemplate and watch the sunset from.
There are lots of things to do in the area like;
- Exploring the rugged hills of the Wairarapa Region
- Fly fishing in the many rivers teaming with trout
- Visiting the iconic Tui Brewery (5 mins away)
- Kayaking the Manawatu Gorge and local rivers
- Mountain biking on the quiet country roads
- Visiting the iconic Pongaroa Pub for lunch
- Deer stalking and photography in the conservation parks
If you would like to inquire about booking our accommodation for your group or event please fill in the form below.